More than 100 people have died and scores more have been hospitalised after drinking toxic moonshine in northern India.
The deaths, in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand, were reported over the past three days, with police suspecting the alcohol had been mixed with methanol - a highly toxic substance often used as an anti-freeze.
It is believed the illegal drink was first consumed at a funeral in Haridwar, where 36 people died and 18 remain in hospital.
A further 69 people are believed to have died after the drink was taken into Utter Pradesh.
Around 3,000 people linked with the illegal trade were arrested across the state in the aftermath of the tragedy, local media said.
In 2015, more than 100 people died in a Mumbai slum after drinking illegal moonshine.
Of the estimated 5 billion litres of alcohol drunk every year in India, around 40 percent is illegally produced, according to the International Spirits and Wine Association of India.
Russell B, Colchester, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
That's nothing compared to deaths due to drugs in the UK.
Jim Granite, Silver City, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
It's good to see where our aid is going !
Atheist, Arknsaw, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Wow more than 3,000 people arrested relating to this episode.
Gunning4glory, Paradise city, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Methanol is a byproduct of alcohol, if it was moonshine whoever produced it didn't remove the start of the run, called the heads as this is where the majority of the methanol is found, watch moonshiners and perhaps you will have some kind of knowledge instead of scaremongering